Texans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinions

3 posters

Go down

My opinions Empty My opinions

Post by amazingandre Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:30 pm

I want to start this blog with my thoughts on the game. We started off great and slowly faded. Our defense showed why they are critized so much in the media and Schaub proved to me that he is a career backup. Johnson was completely shut down and Dayne moved the pile but proved he is way too slow to be an every down back.
Now with that said I want to get into this huge rant. First I will start with Matt Schaub. He is very smart and he can get rid of the ball very quick. He lacks the arm. He always underthrows guys. Whether they are wide open or if they are covered the ball is always too short. I do not k now what the problem is but he had had this issue all year. To me he is consistently showing why he was a backup. His numbers are not great. Sure one can make an argument that they are better than Carr’s ever were, but look at how good our wide outs are. They should be way better. If you are a fan or just a casual Texan follower you will notice that guys are wide open or have a few steps and Schaub messes up. All season long he has had problems with feeling the pressure. Again he is a huge upgrade over Carr, but IMO he isn’t our fix at QB.
Next is our run game. Dayne is putting up decent numbers, but he is so slow. It honestly sickens me to watch him get through the hole just to get caught from behind. Also he did this numerous times today. He doesn’t make good football moves when in open space. He always seemed to pick the wrong way when making his cuts. I haven’t paid attention to this all year, but I will watch for it in the upcoming weeks.

Owen Daniels is becoming a major scare when he touches the ball and I am not talking about scoring. He fumbles so much. It appears when watching games that his fumbles come are horrible times. I am beginning to worry about his regression from last season. He has good routes and he can catch, but he needs to fix his fumbling issues quick!
Our d-line is young and slowly getting better, but I think they should be farther along by now. These guys have been playing together for a while not including Okoye. They are nowhere close to where they were last year. Some of the numbers are up there but the pressure and hurries lack. They either get a sack or are nowhere near the QBs. I also did not see Mario standing this game. He has done a nice job doing it that way, why are they not allowing him to do this more?
Either our secondary doesn’t know how to cover the underneath stuff or our linebackers don’t. We can do a decent job defending the deep ball, but we suck at defending the underneath passes. We struggle against the screen pass the most and those 5 yards patterns where the wr just sits down and waits for the ball. I think it is our OLB’s. This is a huge need for us this offseason.
Jacoby Jones is not doing as well as I hoped he would be at this point. He showed such promise is pre-season. He hasn’t done anything on offense and he hasn’t done anything on special teams either. This kid has potential, but has regressed. We need to help him find his pre-season form again.
Our team needs IMO are as follows, running back, OLB, dl, free safety, and quarter back good enough to groom. Schaub is ok but I want a guy we can have sit and learn. Schaub can help get this team headed in the right direction, but I can’t see him leading us to a championship. Either way we need a running back in the worst way possible. Kubiak I hope you do something about this. I want to see Walker and Eche get chances to show what they can do. We need to know how good they are before next year’s draft.

End rant! Embarassed
amazingandre
amazingandre
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-16

https://texans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My opinions Empty Re: My opinions

Post by Yosarian Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Hey man! Looks like you scared everyone away. lol

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think a lot of fans can see the worriy spots on the team.

This loss was so disappointing. When you have to win a game..and can't get it done. Its very upsetting. Now the playoffs are only a memory with such an outside chance dwindling fast. This one win could have propelled us into the playoffs and yet we lose in a bad poorly played game.

All i got to say is TURNOVERS! STOP IT! NO MORE TURNOVERS,period!

Ron Dayne was doing great and then we decide not to run the ball? I don't get it? I guess Kubiak is learning a lot this year at the fans expense. I hope these learning experiences pay off somewhere down the line.

The rest of thew season now seems like it is just for pride. Too bad. When the playoffs were right in front of our noses....we paly like that.

I also will give props to the browns. Their team played like i wanted our team to play.
Yosarian
Yosarian

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfan2006 Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:27 am

Matt only underthrew two passes in the season his arm is fine if you notice his INT bounced off of Joel Dreesen's hands and the under thrown one he had AJ, beyond him a DB, and below him another DB Schaub put the ball on the money but the DB outfought an injured seemingly invisible AJ. He IS our franchise quarterback he IS a viable option at QB for any team minus the colts, packers, cowboys, and pats. just take a minute and think of how you thought after we beat the saints. Schaub's first year has been great I couldn't expect better.
Newfan2006
Newfan2006

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by amazingandre Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 am

no i disagree newfan he underthrown way more than 2 passes.....he underthrows guys even when they are wide open....think back to some of those plays he underthrew walter....of course walter caught it but he had to wait for it na dthat allowed the dbs to catch him and he didnt get as much Yac
amazingandre
amazingandre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosarian Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:28 pm

I also disagree about Schaub. I think he needs to play better. I do agree that he is good and i am willing to give him more time to get even better. But he needs to protect the ball a lot better. We lose when he throws int's , so he needs to learn to take the short stuff and not force it when a guy is not open. We don't have to have 40 yards poass plays every time we throw the ball.

He needs to understand that he gets the ball every single time out there so he has to be the best player at not turning it over. And since this team can not over come two turnovers a game we need to eliminate all of Schaubs int's. Some have been recievers fault but most have been Scghaub's fault by under throwing and forceing it in where it should never have been thrown in the first place.

When we get recievers who have great match ups maybe yes force one in to AJ but not when he is triple teamed. There must be someone open short. And i saw Owen open 2 times last game and he never saw him. So although i like the way he gets the ball out early..i might want him to be more choosy when it comes time to release it and maybe look to that check down guy and just pick up the first downs.

That's my take on our QB. I think i like him a lot! But i want him to do better.
Yosarian
Yosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfan2006 Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:14 pm

I'm sorry but I have only seen two underthrown INTs one last week and one in the KC game. his others were off jacoby's head walter and OD's hands like twice each he OVERthrew walter in Sandiego and one off of Dreesen's hands and the others you can claim as underthrown but his arm is fine he might, MIGHT have a problem judging distance at times and yes he needs to protect the ball but all his faults IMO are cause of inexperience but again his arm is fine. Sometimes he does force a play but that will change with experience.
Newfan2006
Newfan2006

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by amazingandre Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:01 am

im not bashin schaub lol
amazingandre
amazingandre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosarian Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:43 am

Me either. Schaub is going to take us places. Good places. I am very happy to have him and i am sure Atlanta is very unhappy about us having him. I know all the int's are not the QB's fault for any qb that is true. But you look at some qb's and they are not throwing int's.

We need to really focus on that because we seem to lose when we lose the turnover battle. Also we are leading the league in the points off turnovers...against. It's like over 100 points or something ridiculous like that , that we have given up on turnovers. Without htem we have only lost one game this year. That is my only complaint about Schaub. He will only get better. I am confident he is going to be a great leader for us and help us achieve the ultimate prize one day.
Yosarian
Yosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum